Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Connection beats Depression


There is something missing in our families. It’s connection. There is a mental health crisis going on right now. Kids and teens are growing up with problem connecting. They can be scared to talk on the phone. They can stare at the phone because they don’t know how to actively listen. I love technology and it has great uses but it is also hurting our youth. It is causing anxiety and depression.  

What to do about it?  


My favorite quote is from David Kozlowsk on the "Light the Fight" podcast.  He says "Connection beats depression."  To help beat depression and anxieties, connect with people.  You can use this in all aspects of your life.  The point is to connect with what they like.  For instance, I like crafting.  My son likes fortnight.   If I want to connect with him, I should play fortnight with him.  I should not expect him to want to go to the craft store with me.  You can use this in all different types of connections you want to make.  Do you want to connect better with a coworker?  Find out their interests and how you can use it to connect.  



This is not a very well written article, but hope I got my point across.  If you have any questions, please reach out.  Contact me if you would like to try me as a life coach!!  I love working with all different types of people and families.  

No comments:

Post a Comment